I. FOR EDITORS
The Journals regarding the United states College of Cardiology will be the official peer-reviewed magazines regarding the United concluding sentences states College of Cardiology (ACC). The choices for the Journal editors and their particular panels are created in addition to the ACC, its publishing partner, or interests that are commercial. The ACC Publication & Education Coordination Committee, which states to the ACC Board of Trustee while the ACC Compensation Committee, maintains oversight the Journals, and has now authorized these working policies, that are proposed by the JACC Journals Editors in Chief. The JACC Journals Editors in Chief are responsible for the selection and handling of their boards that are respective.
A. Relationships with Industry
The Editors-in-Chief, Executive Editors, Deputy Editors and Associate Editors must reveal any appropriate relationships with industry (RWI) or possible disputes, and upgrade those RWI on a yearly foundation within the ACC database.
Then he or she is not permitted to provide compensated editorial services for another cardiovascular or CV subspecialty journal, unless he or she obtain a waiver from the Editor-in-Chief and the ACC Board of Trustees if a member of the JACC journals’ Editorial Board receives compensation for serving on the Board. a letter that is template waivers is present upon demand through the ACC Publishing Director.
B. Guest Editors
Guest Editors’ editorial decisions are anticipated to be produced without the impact by the interior JACC panels. JACC journals’ papers are positioned into the Guest Editor procedure if:
- The paper contains an writer whom functions as an Editor-in-Chief, Deputy/Executive, or Associate Editor on that board.
- The paper contains an writer through the institution that is editor-in-Chief’s
- An author is contained by the paper from an organization wherein almost all of Associate Editors practice/work.
- The paper contains an writer that is a JACC journals’ Editor-in-Chief
If needed, these documents should also undergo an analytical review with a Guest Statistical Editor.
If your editor or reviewer raises a problem about plagiarism, that individual should really be informed that the Journal editors will perform a study. The paper will go through an evaluation because of the CrossCheck software, accompanied by or combined with an editor’s review that is comparative. After those actions, the paper should really be brought for conversation towards the editorial board for a opinion choice.
The first step is to contact the author if clear plagiarism is identified (in other words., perhaps not paraphrasing/copying of quick expressions just without attribution or redundancy, wherein there was copying through the author’s very own work), wherein there is unattributed usage of big portions of text and/or information, presented as though they certainly were by the writer. (The editors additionally might want to contact the writer if small copying is identified in basic terms/expressing dissatisfaction and describing the Journal’s position to inquire of writer to rephrase copied expressions or consist of as direct quotations with sources.)
When contacting the author that is corresponding writing, the JACC editors should enclose a finalized authorship declaration (or resume cover letter) saying that the presented work is original/the author’s own, along with documentary proof plagiarism. With regards to the author’s reaction or absence thereof, the editors can see whether or otherwise not to get hold of the co-authors or formally contact the corresponding author’s institution. The JACC journals’ ethics committee should be informed, if not prior to that decision if the decision is to contact corresponding author’s institution.
D. Corrections & Retractions
Four types of modifications are published for significant mistakes associated with the JACC journals during the discretion of this editors.
- Erratum. Notification of an error that is important by the log, often associated with the info, which impacts the book record or the medical integrity for the paper, or even the standing of the writers, or of this Journal. The matching writer will be notified if any erratum were become released, without his/her initial participation. Errata will likely to be updated having a notification on JACC.org, Science Direct, and PubMed.
- Corrigendum. Notification of a error that is important by the author(s), often pertaining to the information, which impacts the book record or even the clinical integrity of this paper, or even the standing of the writers or even the Journal. The author that is corresponding be notified if any corrigenda had been become released, without his/her initial participation. In instances where coauthors disagree, the editors will determine whether a review that is additional necessary because of the editorial board or by an unbiased peer reviewer to impose the right amendment, noting the dissenting author(s) within the text of this posted variation. Corrigenda is going to be updated having a notification on JACC.org, Science Direct, and PubMed.
- Modification. On line modifications happen with information that will not influence the book record or even the integrity that is scientific of paper, or the trustworthiness of the writers or perhaps the log. The author that is corresponding be notified if any erratum had been become released, without his/her initial participation. Typically, modifications are produced online as soon as the writers have actually submitted institution or name inaccurately. On line modifications may be updated on JACC.org and Science Direct, but will never be updated on PubMed.
- Retraction. Book of invalid outcomes or circumstances where the Editor determines that that the paper needs a retraction that is formal the record. Nevertheless, the Editor will alert ACC leadership/General Counsel early into the retraction consideration procedure. The Editor should determine perhaps the manuscript eliminates discoverable by people, or if the retraction notice should stay in its spot. The author that is corresponding be notified if any retraction had been become given, without his/her initial participation. In instances where coauthors disagree, the editors will determine whether a review that is additional necessary because of the editorial board or by a completely independent peer reviewer to impose the correct amendment, noting the dissenting author(s) when you look at the text associated with posted variation. Retractions may be updated having a notification on JACC.org, Science Direct, and PubMed.
(adjusted from Nature & Elsevier policies)
E. Preprint Server Policy
Public dissemination of manuscripts ahead of, simultaneous with, or submission that is following this log, such as for example publishing the manuscript on preprint servers or any other repositories, is frustrated. We ask that writers disclose this given information throughout the distribution process, once the JACC Journals will perhaps not accept submissions which have previously published on a preprint host.
F. Statistical Reviews
JACC journals’ original research papers ( maybe not review articles) are usually delivered for analytical review after having a paper is provisionally accepted. Nonetheless, if an editor thinks that a review that is statistical essential to figure out if the paper ought to be accepted, the statistician ought to be invited being a reviewer in the paper. The range associated with analytical review should be linked to the methodological application and results, definitely not the medical findings regarding the study.
G. Social Networking
The JACC journals staff keeps 2 media that are social: JACC Journals Facebook web page plus the @JACCjournals Twitter web web web page. Content is established because of the JACC social media marketing editors, that are editorial board people and never ACC staff, to make sure medical and accuracy that is scientific. The instructions for social networking, plus the JACC Journals recommendations. The ACC staff articles this content and manages the platforms. The American healthcare Association (AMA) maxims of medical ethics act as a guide for article marketing and circulation from the JACC media platforms that are social.